Ephesus Tour from Izmir Cesme & Alacati Hotels
Ephesus Ancient City is one of the Must-Visit Attractions in Turkey because it is a famous ancient city with it’s well-preserved ruins. It is located in Selcuk city. It was one of the most important harbor cities in antique world with its 250.000 population. Ephesus was one of the Seven Churches of Asia to which the Revelation to John was addressed.
Temple of Artemis is knows as one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. It was a sanctuary of Goddes Artemis knows as the goddes of wildlife, hunt, fertility. It was an eye-brightening buildingvwith its huge size and marble columns. It has been destroyed many times and rebuilt. After Christians started to rule the area it lost it’s importance.
Virgin Mary’s House is a Catholic shrine located in Selcuk city so close to Ephesus ruins. It is believed that Mother Mary lived here before she died. The house is discovered by Lazarist priests after a Catholic nun in Germany described the place in her visions. The house has millions of visitors every year since Pope Pius XII gave the house the status of a Holy Place and the Catholic place of pilgrimage in 1951.
Ephesus Tour Program
• We will meet you at the Izmir Cesme or Alacati Hotels and we drive to Selcuk city which takes approximately 1 hours one way.
• First of all we will visit Virgin Mary’s House.
• After Mother Mary’s House we start visiting Ephesus Ancient City with the most important places such as Celsus Library, Great Theater, Temple of Hadrian, the fountain of Trajan, Hercules Gate, Domitian Temple and more.
• We will have lunch at a local Turkish restaurant.
• On our way back we will visit Artemis Temple.
• You will be transferred back to Cesme or Alacati Hotels at the end of the tour.